Monday, June 6, 2011

Sunday June 5th

     Hey everyone,  I know its been a few days since my last post, but I  spent the whole weekend in Ireland with my group!  This was a free weekend that we had and all 13 of us flew to Ireland on Friday morning at 7 am!  To start the trip, the fire alarm went off in the house we are staying at about 3 am.  We all had to get up at 4ish to be ready for our flight and needless to say, we started the trip off by being  sleep deprived.  Haha  I stayed in my first hostel on this trip also!  All thirteen of us were in the same room in bunk beds for 14 Euro per person.  It was quite an experience to say the least.  


     On our first day in Dublin, we all split off into groups of 4 or so people and explored and shopped.  My group decided to walk around and see all the Cathedrals in the area.  We went into St. Patricks Cathedral and I got some pretty neat pictures! 



      We also went and saw the remains of Dublin Castle!  It was beautiful.  It was right in the middle of town which was different.  There wasn't much left of it, and what was left, they had built a church around!  The big cylinder tower is the part of the castle that is left.  Some of the wall around the castle is still there too, and I have pictures of that as well! 

     The next day of our trip was unbelievable!  We found a tour that took us out into the countryside all day long!  They picked us up in a van at 9:30 in the morning and we didn't get back until 6 that evening.  We drove at least an hour out of Dublin and got to see some amazing scenery.  We made so many stops along the way and got to get out of the van and walk around and take pictures. 



This picture was taken from the top of a huge hill.  It is a view of the city of Dublin and of the coast line of Ireland!  None of these pictures are going to do justice to what I actually got to see while there.  It was amazing. 




These pictures were just taken at one of the few lakes that we stopped at along our drive


This is the road and bridge that was in one of the scenes of "P.S. I Love You"  If you haven't seen it, it is a chick flick that of course, all of us girls had seen.  In the movie, one scene is of the girl walking down the road lost.  Her knight in shining armor comes along and gives her directions and they live happily ever after.  Haha  This is the bridge and the exact spot on the road that she walked, so of course we all took turns taking pictures of us "walking" down the road! Haha

Ok, I have been trying to upload more pictures from the rest of our day tour through the countryside, but my computer wont let me!  I am just going to leave my post at this and tell you that Our God has created such a beautiful and wonderful world.  I am so happy that I am able to see and experience it like I have so far this trip.  I promise that I will finish this post and upload more pictures when my computer allows!  Love and miss you all! 

3 comments:

  1. Awwww..Ireland....the countryside of Ireland...brings to mind something...something that seems to be missing from these pictures...oh yeah...SHEEP!!! I think a full refund may be in order if there are no sheep in the countryside of Ireland! Surely my wonderful, beautiful daughter wouldn't forget to take sheep pictures!! I'm going to trust they will be on the very next post. Seriously, it looks wonderful. God did indeed make an amazing world for us. Keep soaking it all in and sharing it with us. We love you and miss you SOOO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so amazing!! And I'm so proud of you for going around and seeing all the cathedrals and castles instead of shopping.... Haha. You are my kind of traveler. And I love, love, love the sound of the tour you guys got to go on!! That is the sort of thing that I LOVE to do. The Irish countryside is so beautiful it ought not even be real. As for the price of your hostel--that is UNBELIEVABLE!! I guess it helps that you have a group but I don't think I ever managed to get anything that cheap, and I did pretty okay budget-wise. Great-going! And that is so funny about the Dublin castle and how things are all built up around it.... I noticed that in your Facebook pictures but was still wondering about it.

    I love you and miss you!!!! Keep having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I can just see brave Kelsey jumping over the fence and being like "stand up COO!" Hahaha. I would be standing far away and telling you not to die. I'm glad you got the picture. :) They are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete