Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday June 8th

Ok I left off at the P.S. I Love You pictures. 

This was the best picture I feel like I took all day long and I actually took it out the window of a moving van! Haha..  This is Loch Tay.  They call their lakes lochs.   The loch is actually owned by the Guinness Beer people.  There is a huge house near the lake, but we were so high up and so far away that I couldn't get a good picture of it.  They actually imported sand and made themselves a private beach, but the beach is not natural.  Here are a few more pictures from different angles. 




The house is in this picture but it is hidden behind trees so my camera could not pick it up. 

The next set of pictures is of a place called Glendelough, an 11th century monastic community that was founded by Saint Kevin.  Most of the buildings are gone, but the stone buildings are still standing!  Some of them are in pieces, but standing. 










The next set of pictures is purely for my mother.  The sheep woman!  Haha  Believe it or not, I have seen WAY more sheep here in Scotland than I saw in Ireland.  Also, every time I saw sheep in Ireland, we were in a moving van and I coudn't really get a good picture.  I did not see any huge flocks though!  I just saw a few here and there.  The most that I saw together at once wasn't more than a dozen.  But here you go mother :)  I will be going to the Scottish Highlands this weekend and I bet I'll get way more sheep pictures for you there! :) 





2 comments:

  1. Thank you Sweetheart....you made my day!!! Have fun this weekend and be safe...Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sheep pictures tooooo! :) :)

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete