Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Preparation

Hello all!  As you all know I am going to Scotland for 6 weeks this summer.  I will be leaving on May 24th and I have decided to (try to) keep up with a blog while I am over there!

I am going to be doing some of my student teaching in the Falkirk elementary schools in a second grade class over there!  I absolutely can't wait to meet my kiddos.  I am more of a Kindergarten girl, so second graders make me a little nervous, but I think that it will be good to get out of my comfort zone.  Who knows, I may fall in love with it. :)  Most days I will be like a teacher's aid and I will just be helping her do whatever she needs done, but several times I will be in charge of preparing the lessons for the day. 

While I'm in Scotland, I will be taking 2 classes (one of them will be my teaching in the schools) Monday-Thursdays.  On Thursdays, our group of 12 girls, 2 guys, and our professor Dr. Wood will travel all around Scotland!  I get to go to St. Andrews and stay at the University and tour the golf course, we will go to the Highlands, the Isle of Skye, and the bigger cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow.  I will be staying at the Callendar House in Falkirk, Scotland if anyone wants to look it up.  It is a beautiful and historic mansion in Falkirk, Scotland. (be jealous!) haha 

After my 6 weeks in Scotland are up, I will be backpacking Europe with 2 or my girlfriend's and my boyfriend Seth!  He will be in Italy for the same 6 weeks that I am in Scotland for a school trip as well.  He will fly up to London and we will meet him there on June 28th to start our 2 and a half week trek across Europe.  We will start in London and work our way to Paris, Munich, Prague, and then we will head all the way down to southern Italy and work our way up!  If anyone has any advice or must see places that they've been to I'd love to hear them! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so THRILLED about all of this I can hardly tell you. Haha. I am expecting a blog post about your arrival in Scotland, initial impressions, the horrors of jetlag, etc., etc., very soon!!! I would KILL to be there will you guys right now, I'll have you know. Also, just the BACKGROUND of this blog is killing me because I've... stood... right... there. You and Brit are so lucky!! Enjoy every last single second of it, and blog so you'll remember it when you get back!!

    Haha. This is very long. I love you!!! -Kellum

    ReplyDelete