Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday May 25, 4:35

I made it!  After 9ish hours of flights today, I made it safely to Scotland!  We left New Jersey last night at 8pm eastern time, and we had a 6 and a half hour flight and arrived in Scotland at 7:30 am their time.  Ideally, I would have slept the 6 hours on the flight and woken up bright eyed this morning ready to start a new day (even though I lost 6 hours due to time zones).  That of course is not what happened.  Anyone who's ever been on a plane before knows that it is nearly impossible to get a good nights rest on an airplane.  I did sleep for an hour and a half or so, but that was my night's sleep.  We were told that if we could just hold out until time for bed tonight, that our sleep patterns would get back to normal soon.  It is quite comical though seeing us all walking around like living zombies!
This isn't a very exciting post, but its the first day and all we've done so far is exchange our money and we went to the grocery store.  Not too excting yet, but I know we have a fun filled weekend ahead of us!  We will be going to the Super 7's Rugby tournament.  If I understand correctly it is like the world series of rugby.  I know I have not posted pictures, but I will soon! 

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for pictures!! They better have sheep in them too! haha Hope you get caught up on your sleep. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you end up being able to stay awake all day.... That really does help!! And I know what you mean about being zombies.... Our first night at HUF, they insisted on having this hugely long welcome party and all of us looked like we were strung out on some highly illegal drug, and were pretty much acting like it too. But ahhhh I am so excited for you!!! Mail coming soon... I just hope it can make it in time. I love you!! Keep the posts coming! I want to know everything. Seriously... everything. Even the grocery store. Haha. I'll be checking regularly!!! Also, I am putting your blog's link on my blog, so get excited ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also this is Kellum. Haha. That's just my blog username.

    ReplyDelete